CONKAT S.A. was founded in 1977. It is a part of Vardinoyannis Group of Companies, whose core business is in the petroleum sector (refineries as well as fuel and lubricants trade). Other business activities of the Group of Companies include shipping, banking, entertainment, TV and radio broadcasting, luxury cars market, press, sports, security services, etc.
CONKAT S.A. provides a full range of professional services in terms of managing construction projects and more specifically in terms of planning, permit acquisition, supervision and construction of private sector projects.
At present, CONKAT S.A. owns two (2) landed properties, both of them in Athens, Greece. The first is the headquarters of the Vardinoyannis Group of Companies with a total area of 22.000 m2 and the second is the “STAR” TV Channel headquarters with a total area of 20.000 m2. Both of the aforementioned properties were constructed (and are being operated and managed since) by CONKAT S.A..
Apart from the abovementioned landed properties, CONKAT S.A. manages several petrol stations throughout Greece, which are owned AVIN. AVIN is one of the leading brands in the Greek oil products market, with privately owned premises for the storage of oil products at Agioi Theodoroi in Corinth and more than 500 petrol stations throughout Greece. It is a member of the Motor Oil Hellas Group, one of the most dynamic groups in the field of oil refining and trading in Greece but also in the greater Eastern Mediterranean region.
In the framework of the petrol stations’ management, CONKAT S.A.is responsible for the facilities’ maintenance and operation management.
In general, services provide by CONKAT S.A. include:
- Project Organization. Defining the project team, selecting designers, etc.
- Risk and Value Management Services. SWOT analysis, business planning and programme delivery processes in order to achieve project objectives.
- Documentation and Communication. Setting the appropriate policies, procedures, practices and guidelines.
- Construction Management and Control Services. Schedule Control, Cost Control, Quality Control, Procurement and Contract Administration, Document Control and Reporting.
- Organizing the tender process.
- Permit acquisition: architectural plan, structural analysis, mechanical – electrical design and certification from the relevant authorities.
- Complete construction execution.
- Project Control. Monitoring project schedule and cost according to budget.
- Field Services. Quality control and assurance through effective supervision and inspection.
- Start-up and occupancy procedures (according to local rules and regulations).